Thursday, February 13, 2014

how he loves us.


 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
-Romans 8:38

As I was editing these photos of my littles the song "How he loves us" by Jesus Culture. (one of my FAVORITE bands.) you can find it here

such amazing powerful words.
christ did so much for me that I just .... I just cant even fathom his love for me. 
he gave up everything.
EV-ER-Y-THING.
for you.
for me.
of course on valentines day as women we expect so much from the day. 
flowers, candy, special dinners, love notes... whatev.
well... at least I do. 
and sadly... my selfish, fleshy heart expects it... heck! it even thinks it deserves it.
and my dumb flesh tries to convince me that its real love.
the surface crap.
the superficial stuff.
now don't get me wrong-
I think that it is so special the bond that God created between husband and wife.
the opportunity that we have to have romance and intimacy in our marriages. 
but when good ol' self gets in the way... well thats when problems start. 
like "I deserve this... I, I, I... me, me, me..."
real love is something that we can never put a price on. 
ever.
the love of someone laying everything down (their life) for the sinners of the world.
near the end of the song kim walker-smith says-
"we're never the same when we encounter the love of God."
so true.
there is this void that is filled that nothing else could replace it. 
all the stuff of the world that we try to shove in there.... could never, EVER fill that void.
only the love of Christ. 
and PRAISE God that we have grace and the opportunity to receive that love.
HE is so good.
HIS love is so good.
Happy LOVE day. 



4 comments:

  1. beautifully said!! your kiddos are so adorable and your words are wonderful for me to remember. my selfishness gets in the way FAR too often. thank you for the reminder to keep my eyes on His glory and not my own desires. ~jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. found you from "on your heart" with the wiegands, jillian... thank you for sharing such a beautiful heart-thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that band and love that song! such good lyrics

    ReplyDelete