Wednesday, February 5, 2014

grace. what it means to me.


"But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [a]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [b]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!"
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 amplified

grace.
one the most powerful words in my life. 

almost 2 years ago, my father passed away. he had a very aggressive cancer and only knew for about 6 weeks before he passed away. 
it was a very dark time in my life. 
i felt so blindsided. 
and i'm sure that my father felt so much worse. 

exactly one month after my father passed away. my sweet little sophie was born.


she brought us so much joy in a heart-breaking time. 
don't get me wrong, it was still so hard.
but.... it was almost like ahead of time God knew that we would need her.
at that time.

so many times we think things like-
i can't do it.
its too hard.
not by myself.
i'm not good enough.

HE can do it.
its not too hard for HIM.
you are not alone because you have HIM.
yes you are!
yes HE can!

the reason we live is because of his grace!
he already paid that price.
long ago on that cross.
but why do we keep picking it back up?
well, because the devil is a stupid liar thats why!
does this come easy to me? nope. 
but thats why I have HIM. and grace.

i really hate that my father passed away when he did. 
i wish that with all my heart he could have met his precious grandbaby girl. 
but BECAUSE of grace my father is in a much better place.
and thank you lord that we have that amazing gift!







grace meant so much to my husband and i, my family... our lives.
that we named our daughter sophia grace.
in a way... she was our "saving grace".
love our little girl. 
she may not know it yet, but she will do amazing things.

and I love that we have the amazing gift of grace.


1 comment:

  1. Now following. Love this post & your photos so very much!! Looking forward to reading more.

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete