Tuesday, January 21, 2014

the BEST banana bread.

I wish I could take credit for this amazing banana bread recipe, but I can't. 
My best friend, Lora, is pretty much super mom so anytime I need a recipe, remedy... whatev... 
Thank the Lord for best friends. :)
This has got to be the moistest (is that a word....???) banana bread I have ever had. 
We can't keep it around our house because a certain someone *cough cough* my husband *cough cough* cannot keep his hands off of it. 
The littles love it too. 


(now thats cute right!?)
SO GOOD.... mmmmmmm.....
And easy too!

Banana Bread
(makes 1 loaf)
Oven Temp: 350  Cook Time: 1 hour (my oven runs warm so I did 50 mins)

Ingredients:
3 or 4 bananas, smashed (use at least 3. I learned the hard way when I only used 2)
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla (I added a little extra though)
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour

Instructions:
 Use a wooden spoon to mix melted butter into bananas. 
Mix sugar, egg, and vanilla into banana mixture.
Sprinkle baking soda and salt and mix.
Add flour and mix.
Bake in a greased 4x8 loaf pan.

The next morning we made it as french toast.... oh.my.goodness. yum!

make an extra and wrap cute. 
give to someone to brighten their day!

enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'll take some! YUM I looooooooove banana bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I love it too waaaaaay too much.... I need to not make it so much because my pants are getting too tight :-P.

      Delete