Wednesday, January 29, 2014

hudson. my hopes.

my hudson will be 4 february the 26th. 4!!!
it is so so sooo unreal. 
if I could freeze time I would. 

I have said it before and I will say it again and again. this little guy holds my heart.


he is such a tender little guy and I wouldn't have him any other way. 
I guess he is probably a lot like me. 
I wear my heart on my sleeve though. 
I hope he toughens up a bit over time ;).


my highest hope for him is, of course, loving jesus with his whole heart his entire life. 
probably a close second on the list is his speech would continue to improve.
some days are so hard for me with the lack of communication, but I am sure its much harder for him. 
some days we cry together when we can't understand.


and those are the times I realize that we need to pray the most.






I should clarify that we have MUCH more HAPPY times than we do hard. 
he is the most thoughtful little guy ever.
constantly giving hugs without being prompted.


and I ADORE the alone time that I get to have with him.
I absolutely treasure it. 
there is just something about getting to have little dates with our babies one on one. 
they feel so special. 

the other day we had an appointment out of town so we got to spend the whole day together.
just mommy and hudson.




another thing that I have struggled with lately that I have really had to lift up in prayer is friendships for my hudson.
with his lack in communication I always wonder 
"will he make friends?"
"will he be lonely?"
"does he even want friends?"
and so on.
But I am constantly reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 whenever I have worries for my Hudson.
Its his scripture.

And today the Lord showed me a glimmer of hope. 
I get teary eyed just thinking about it.

As a part of Hudson's weekly speech therapy he gets to sit in a preschool classroom once a week for an hour. (he is only 3 and its a 4 year old preschool)
its kinda like he's a rock star because all the kids in the class know his name and always want to play with him.

a sweet little boy came up to me this morning and told me he made this for hudson 
it made my heart smile!


don't you know what comes after a storm?
a rainbow. 

Hudson, you have the favor of the Lord. 


2 comments:

  1. He has the perfect mother and father to help him through this storm. I believe you as his parents will encourage him further than some others might. Bless you both and your patience with Hudson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post. I used to teach at a pre-school for kids with special needs. I saw so many amazing, miraculous transformations there, especially in speech. Sounds like you are getting the help you need for Hudson.

    ReplyDelete